If you’re looking to build an iconic and timeless capsule wardrobe, these are 5 luxury fail-safes you’ll never regret buying.
I know I sound like a broken record but having great quality, classic pieces in your wardrobe is so much better than burning your way through an abundant amount of fast-fashion. If you’re looking to build an iconic and timeless capsule wardrobe, these are 5 luxury pieces every wardrobe should have.
Disclaimer; yes, these are all spendy purchases, but honestly after 10+ years of wearing them, the cost per wear will be pennies. An iconic fashion staple provides timeless style and unparaelled quality which will continue to thrill years down the line.
1) It will be no surprise to anyone my first luxury must-have is a Balmain blazer. Despite the statement buttons and strong shoulders, this blazer looks great with absolutely everything. It can be worn with pretty dresses in spring/summer, leather skinnies in autumn and knitwear throughout the winter.
It’s a timeless piece that adds that much needed “polish” to any look. It’s dramatic enough to add real impact while still being classic enough to last forever.
Everything you ever need to know about the Balmain blazer is in this post HERE which covers mainline, vintage and the iconic H&M collaboration.
2) It took me years to work up the nerve to buy a pair of Chloe Susanna Boots. There’s no getting away from the fact, they are extortionately expensive for what they are! However, now I have them I can totally understand why they have such a cult following. They are incredibly versatile and look great with a summer dress as well as ripped denim.
If truth be told, if I had a pair with gold hardware and a pair with silver hardware, I would literally need no other (daytime) shoes in my life. It’s a bold claim but it shows just how classic and easy to wear these booties are.
Fortunately, these do tend to go on sale more regularly then they use to, so it’s worth trying to snap up a pair with a discount. Catch my full review of them HERE for absolutely everything you need to know.
3) Staying on the shoe theme, a wardrobe isn’t complete without a pair of Manolo Blahnik Hangisis. These iconic shoes exude elegance and style. What is truly surprising about these is how easy they are to style across day-to-night. Choose one of the beautiful jewel tones in a low to mid-heel height and you’ll be amazed by how much wear you get out of them.
Of course, I’ve written a full review on the Hangisi which you can check out by clicking HERE.
4) I think a Chanel jacket is the ultimate piece of ready-to-wear. Created by Coco Chanel in 1916, these jackets have stood the test of time for their ability to elevate everything from a little black dress to jeans and a tee. Due to their continual reinvention, there is a style for everyone, from a more tailored to boxy fit.
I personally recommend going vintage when it comes to Chanel jackets, not only because it’s significantly less expensive than buying new, but I also think the quality of the 1980s and 1990s pieces are better. Read my guide to buying preloved Chanel ready-to-wear HERE.
5) My final luxury wardrobe is a bit of a cheat as it’s a list of either a Chanel, Dior or Hermes handbag. Although no fashion lover wants to hear this, one enduring and classic handbag is honestly enough. Obviously, the dream is to have a wardrobe full of beautiful luxury bags. However, depending on your style and preference a Chanel Classic Flap, Dior Lady Dior or Hermes Birkin will add timeless style to almost any look for years and years to come. Personally, if I could only have one luxury handbag it would almost definitely be my Diorama from Dior in Ultra Matte Black.