I've put pen to paper (or more accurately fingers to keyboard) and listed all the pros and cons of Kylie Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipsticks, Huda Beauty Liquid Mattes, Dose of Colours Liquid Matte Lipsticks and Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick.
Over the last 18 months I’ve been a hoarder of liquid lipsticks. If a particular brand has been hyped up and talked about then the likeliness is I’ve probably got it, so I thought it was about time I did a rundown of the four most hyped matte liquid lipsticks currently on the market.
I’ve put pen to paper (or more accurately fingers to keyboard) and listed all the pros and cons of Kylie Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipsticks, Huda Beauty Liquid Mattes, Dose of Colours Liquid Matte Lipsticks and Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick.
A lot of you will already know I’m a big fan of the controversial Kylie Lip Kits and Matte Liquid Lipsticks, as I labeled Kylie Cosmetics my favourite makeup brand of 2106 off the back of these products (read the full post HERE).
- Amazing longevity
- Fab pigmentation
- Not too drying
- Lovely creamy consistency on application
- Smells like candy
- All the shades I have bar one are all absolutely beautiful tones. I adore Posie K, Koko K and Dolce K but sadly didn’t get on with Exposed
- Lip Kits come with the matching lip pencils which to be honest I think all liquid lipsticks should come with
- Has a lot of transfer when touching your lips, drinking and eating
- Expensive especially by the time you’ve paid the additional custom and duties
- Horrible customer service. I had a pretty bad experience with them once
- New launches/shades always sell out, so you have to wait a while before you can get hold of it (unless you have fast fingers and time it perfectly!)
- It emphasises dry skin and every crack in your lips so your lips need to be perfectly smooth and well moisturised before application
- Can’t reapply as it goes very patchy. Need to take it off completely and then apply
These are most my recent additions to my liquid lipstick collection. When Cult Beauty had a restock of The Nude Edition Mini Set I knew I had to make them mine.
- Adore the mini sets versions as it gives you a chance to try a number of different shades. Plus, who usually finishes an entire tube of liquid lipsticks anyway? They’re also handbag friendly sizes
- So hydrating on application, they have almost oil base to them so they glide on with ease
- Smells like holiday! The scent reminds me of Hawaiian Tropics sunscreen
- Matching lipliners are available in the line
- Shortest longevity out of the four. Doesn’t withstand eating, drinking, etc.
- Need to be applied with a lipliner as they have a tendency to move, smudge and bleed, especially when applying them
- Not crazy about the nude shades, I think they all look the same on but this is probably just down to my skin tone. I have Trendsetter, Venus, Bombshell and Flirt
[widgets_on_pages id=”liquid lipsticks”]
I bought these on a bit of whim but I’m so glad I did. I purchased four, three Liquid Matte Lipsticks and one lip gloss in the shade Bellini which was sadly a bit of a dud (you can read more about it in my Disappointing Products post HERE).
- Out of all four, this is the easiest to apply and doesn’t need a lipliner
- Really like the fluffy and wide doe foot applicator
- Stone is my favourite liquid lipstick colour of all time
- Decent longevity
- Vegan and cruelty, gluten and paraben free
- Quite drying after a while but you get use to the feeling after a while
- Hard to buy in the UK
- No lovely scent
This was the first liquid lipstick I ever bought and it blew me away. I had never used a product like this before and I couldn’t believe the longevity of it. In my eyes the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick will always be a cult product.
- Best longevity out of the four
- Amazing colour range, particularly the bright shades
- Easy to buy in the UK
- Applies patchy so needs quite a bit of work to make it even
- Much easier to apply if you use a lipliner, otherwise it’s very fiddly
- Incredibly drying and probably the least comfortable out of the four
- Has the least nice scent
The one liquid lipstick I haven’t tried is Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick but he has so much controversy surrounding him and I’ve heard so many terrible stories, I just can’t bring myself to purchase one. I know there are 2 sides to every story so perhaps I’m just being silly. If you’ve tried his liquid lipsticks I would love to know what you think and whether it’s worth pushing all the drama aside and purchasing one.