It's like getting a present through the post!
Recently I have been really taken with the new “beauty box” phenomenon. Having looked through all the options I decided to go with Glossybox. I signed up for 3 months as I wanted to give it a worthy shot.
For those of you who don’t know what the “beauty box” is all about, it’s a subscription service that you can sign up to for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 12 months. Each month they send you a box with 5 surprise beauty or hair products. Some are full sized like you would buy in store, others are little samples of the newest products which you can trial. For between £8.50 – £10 per month (dependent on which subscription you go for) plus P&P, a box will be sent to your direct to your door. The contents of the box should value approximately 3 times the subscription cost. Hello bargain!!!
When I signed up there was a special promotion code, so I got TWO Glossyboxes in the post this morning! I have to say I am delighted with them. They were packaged in gorgeous pink boxes with black tissue paper and a sweet little bow. It’s like getting a present through the post!
In my June box I received the following –
1) So Susan – Universal Blush. This isn’t a brand I have heard of before but first impressions are good. I really like the colour, it’s not too dark or sparkly and the packaging is adorable!
2) Schwarzkopf got2b – Rise n’ Shine Soufflé. I’m not a big fan of hair product. I tend to use a leave in condition and hairspray only if I need it. However, the beauty of Glossybox is you get to try products you wouldn’t normally and I’m always pro more volume!
3) Nailgirls – 3-in-1 base/topcoat and nail strengthener. Again a brand I have never heard of but you can never have too much clear nail polish.
4) Teeez Trend Cosmetics – Beautiful Flat Stiff Brush. I was really happy with this because I have needed some new makeup brushes for a while and this is one less I will have to buy full price.
5) Roger & Gallet – Fleur de Figuier Shower Cream, Body Lotion & Fragrance. I absolutely love Roger & Gallet and their fragrances, so it goes without saying I cannot wait to try these samples!
In my promotional gift box I received the following –
1) Emite Make Up – Lip Brush. (Woop! Another makeup brush I can add to my beauty bag!)
2) MONU Spa – Warming Ginger Massage & Body Oil
3) MeMeMe Cosmetics – Cheek & Lip Tint
4) TRESemme – Instant Refresh Cleansing Dry Shampoo (I’m a dry shampoo fanatic so this was a real goody for me to get to try a brand that isn’t my regular Batiste!)
5) QV Skincare – Gentle Wash
If you haven’t guessed already I am really happy with Glossybox so far. At the end of my three months I will decide whether to continue my subscription. I’m thinking of also signing up with Birchbox which is the biggest competitor to Glossybox and often the preferred choice for beauty junkies. Look out for a comparison review between the two and we can pick a triumphant beauty box winner!
To get more info about Glossybox or to subscribe click HERE.